These Terms and Conditions (T&C) do not affect your statutory rights.
Any provision of this contract found to be invalid or unenforceable will not affect the remaining provisions.
- ORDER DETAILS: Customer should check there all details are correct, in particular the model, colour, size and there type (ie sprung or padded base, with or without storage, etc) and satisfy themselves that the goods they have chosen are designed for their particular use and requirements, The customer is also responsible for checking the correct dimensions of any goods purchased to ensure that they can be accommodated into their property (In particular, checking the access area dimensions of the doorways and stairways). Returns of any goods will not be accepted nor refunds are given if the goods do not fit or get through (a 30% cancellation charges will apply to any canceled orders). Sizes quoted are usually imperial, however close equivalent metric sizes may be used. Divan bases are generally higher nowadays and may vary slightly in height due to the inclusion or exclusion of drawers. Minor and reasonable alterations to the product specifications may be made to improve the quality. Customers may wish to purchase any Clearance goods that are not in perfect condition. These goods are usually reduced in price because of either Manufacturer’s ‘second’, warehouse damage, ex-showroom model, excess stock, canceled order, etc and the customer should check these goods are in an acceptable and satisfactory condition to fit for their intended purpose. If any ordered goods are subsequently found not to be available to BedMatterz (not on the ‘open market’) BedMatterz will refund any monies paid.
- PAYMENTS: Full payment is required at the time the order is placed and we will collect this using any payment method by the customer. Purchasing goods that are ‘In stock’ or that could be delivered within 10 days of purchase are required to pay in full as well at the time of purchase. In all other cases, a minimum Deposit of 25% of the Full purchased price will be required at the time the total order is placed. Any balance must be paid 5 days prior to the delivery or collection of the goods. All goods remain the property of BedMatterz until full payment has been made. However, responsibility for the goods passes to the customer immediately the same are delivered to the customer or collected. If customer fails to pay the full price of the Goods or fail to take Delivery or to collect the Goods within 28 days of the scheduled delivery date, We will be entitled to cancel the Order and you must pay all amounts stated in the Order in addition to our reasonable administration costs, which may be up to 30% of the cost of the Goods. This charge may, at least in part, reflect the price at which we are able to resell the Goods.
- DELIVERY: Delivery is a separate and severable part of the order/contract. It is offered as an additional and optional charge and service to the customers. Delivery will be made to the delivery address specified on the Order and any changes to a delivery address must be supported by documentary evidence. Customer must notify us at least 72 hours prior to Delivery of any delivery amendments. Any amendment, however, small may lead to an increase in lead-time or change of delivery date. We can only deliver to the majority of postcodes in Derbyshire but we may be unable to deliver to some other locations. The Goods may require some assembly. If you have purchased an assembly service, a provider selected by us will carry this out. If customers have not purchased this service, it is their responsibility to assemble the Goods. Please note that the availability of assembly services is dependent on the postcode being delivered to.
- WARRANTY: All products sold are warranted against faulty materials or workmanship for 12 months from the date of the delivery or collection unless stated otherwise. In the unlikely event of goods being found to be defective please be aware that BedMatterz is unable to accept any responsibility for the goods that have either been misused or are in unsanitary condition (we always recommend the use of a mattress protector). The Warranty covers normal domestic home use only and does not apply to any defect in the Goods arising from fair wear and tear, willful damage, accident, negligence by customer, commercial use, failure to follow our written instructions regarding care of the Goods, or any alteration or repair to the Goods which you carry out without our prior written approval.
- CARE OF GOODS: We always suggest never fold or roll the sprung mattress, this can cause serious damage to the springs and tear the material, turn the new mattress fortnightly for the first three months (side to side and head to toe) and then once a month for the first year, then once every three months to keep your mattress functional. Air your complete bed thoroughly once a month. We also highly recommend the use of a good quality Mattress protector. Avoid regularly sitting on the edge, side or end of your mattress as its damage the springs and border wire. Regularly check in your bedstead or divan that legs, headboard bolts and fixing bolts (where used) are properly tight and not working loose. If you have drawers in your bed then do not overload them with heavy items. Please do not walk or jump on your bed and certainly never let children’s use the bed as a trampoline. The relevant points of these care instructions may also apply to Ottoman bed, TV beds, futons, etc. (Futons are not designed for permanent use as a bed).
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: BedMatterz does not accept any responsibility for damage to your property during delivery other than damage due to our negligence when our liability is limited to your direct costs to repair that damage. Our total liability in connection with or arising from the Order, whether in negligence or otherwise, shall be limited to the value of the Goods. We shall not be liable for any indirect or consequential losses, costs or expenses in connection with or arising out of the order. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or limits liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, fraud or any other liability, which may not otherwise be limited or excluded under applicable law.